*2 years of supervisory experience preferred
*Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field preferred
* Knowledge of PRIVA and ARGUS environmental control systems.
Lead and develop the site growing team under the direction of the Head Grower. Support company goals in producing top quality plants for our customers. Walk and inspect crops, supervise and train Section Growers and Irrigation Staff to prioritize daily tasks. Regularly scout and identify plant health issues. Collaborate with the IPM Coordinator to prevent/eliminate pest and disease issues, and perform culture trials (GR, fertilizer, dry down, temperature trials). Ensure all work is performed in accordance with company policies and promotes a safe working environment.
- Oversee the Sections Growers, coach them on detailed specifics of crops.
- Train on the proper use of irrigation tools and equipment.
- Purchase and maintain grower supplies such as boom parts, office supplies, EC/pH equipment, etc.
- Ensure completion of weekly EC/pH testing. Manage crop nutrition and fertilizer inventory.
- Develop best practices and Standard Work for specific crops, tasks, and processes.
- Help develop Growing Team through Continuous Improvement initiatives (6S, PDI, TPM) and continued education.
- Maintain the health and quality of liners that are received. Work with Growing, Production, and Plant Maintenance to plan cutbacks, GRs, planting depth, planting priority, etc.
- Write, present, and manage Section Grower annual performance reviews.
- Walk regularly with the Head Grower to discuss crop culture and plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Maintain worker protection standards, promoting a safe work environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize for results within a fast-paced working environment.
- Effective time management with the ability to balance greenhouse and office time.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field, three years’ industry experience, or an equivalent combination.
- Comprehensive knowledge on production of quality plant material.
- Two years’ previous supervisory experience required.
- Experience with perennials and annuals are required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Pesticide applicator’s license (can be obtained once hired).
- Knowledge of biological controls and IPM programs.
- Knowledge of PRIVA and ARGUS environmental control systems.
- Work long hours as needed during busy season, including weekends.
- Work in both an office and warehouse environment.
- Continuously walk, stand, bend, kneel (and remain working below knee-level) as well as reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds in an environment that is often hot.