Job location: Remote – with travel. Most travel would be to Des Moines, IA to meet with the operations team. Also traveling to meet with each Branch. 50% of their time is going to be traveling initially (especially if they don’t live in Des Moines, IA – travel would be heavier up front then once we get to where we need to be to scale the travel back)
Work week: Monday through Friday
Salary: $130,000 to $170,000 base salary + bonus (25% to 40% quarterly bonus)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) match up to 6%, HSA, Life Insurance, Long-term/Short-Term Disability, EAP, Free Wellness, legal insurance, and AD&D. Parental Leave, 10 National Days off, Tuition Reimbursement.
Education / Certifications: High School Diploma
Required Experience: 10+ years professional experience. Must have experience with Life & Health experience. Will need to have experience directing multiple regions. Would need to know how to manage multiple salespeople with different personalities.
Preferred Experience: Annuity experience. Agency leadership experience.
Responsible for leading the Insurance Sales Manager(s) and Call Center Sales Manager(s) distribution channel in seeking new pathways to grow sales within the current products and evaluate new products to drive profitability. In this role, the National Agency Sales leader will coach, train, and develop new metrics in collaboration with the operations leadership team to grow sales and improve the current agency operations performance.
• Works with the Agency Operations Leadership to optimize business activity across various functions to maximize unit costs, improve scale and increase operational effectiveness.
• Coaches and provides oversight for sales professionals in utilizing management tools (Agent Vizion Technology) to maximize growth plans.
• Direct sales professionals in selling activities through training, activity reports, prospecting techniques, and closing techniques.
• Promotes and develops new ways of performing and establishing new KPIs and innovative business concepts that can be leveraged across the Agency.
• Be a champion and assist the sales professional in profitable lead management and marketing activities.
• Actively participate in leadership discussions, including future growth strategies, profitability objectives, and sales plan development
• Develop sales marketing and business plans for sales professionals to ensure a high level of souring of new clients and growth in production.
• Manage and cultivate relationships with third-party carriers to deliver products and marketing dollars to enhance sales plans.
• Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Laws, rules, and regulations applicable to selling insurance products and services, including but not limited to, privacy laws related to accessing, utilizing, and disclosing individual identifiable information.
• Expert ability to communicate a clear vision of KPIs to ensure sales and profitability goals are met and is easily understood by employees.
• Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
• High ability to solve problems and work under pressure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the abilities to articulate and defend complex ideas and strategies and to speak to executive and board level officers in formal settings
• Strong organizational skills with a drive for transparency and efficiency
• Demonstrate our core competencies of people management, change, communication, customer focus, financial acumen, innovation, teamwork, critical thinking, and decision making.
• Embrace and foster a diverse and inclusive culture that aligns with our commitment to THRIVE together.
Toolkit: We are building resources for employee reference, including a diversity driven book club, leadership training, and a culture of betterment philosophy.
Hear: Every employee has a voice. We listen with attention to gain knowledge and to understand.
Respect: We empower people by respecting and appreciating their differences.
Inclusion: We support a collaborative workforce that promotes belonging and respect that increases participation and contribution from all employees.
Value: All employees are appreciated for their uniqueness.
Equity: For all.
• Demonstrate an Agile mindset* of trust, teamwork, and transparency and capability to implement agile tools into daily work, allowing for quick adaption to change. (*An agile mindset is the set of attitudes supporting an agile working environment including trust, teamwork, transparency, respect, improvement, ongoing learning, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change.)
• High school education or GED equivalent.
• Prior Sales Experience within Insurance industry preferred
• Combination of education and/or relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
• 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the insurance industry and with Agency leadership experience.
• Experience with management of Profit & Loss results.
• Experience leading and mentoring a team.
• Primarily works in an office environment (or in-home office) performing work that is sedentary which involves remaining stationary and working on a computer for long periods of time.
• Must be able to review, assess, and/or analyze data and figures by viewing a computer screen, including extensive reading.
• Regularly communicates with others in-person, via video conferencing, electronically (including email), or by phone to exchange accurate information.