Job location: Des Moines, IA – hybrid remote. 3 days in office, 2 work from home. Would assist with relocation for the right candidate.
Salary: around $90-100k + 5% annual incentive bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) match up to 6%, HSA, Life Insurance, Long-term/Short-Term Disability, EAP, Free Wellness, legal insurance, and AD&D. Parental Leave, 10 National Days off, Tuition Reimbursement.
Required Experience: 2+ years of C#, web development, and API development.
Job Summary: The Software Engineer is responsible for creating and modifying moderately complex programs and identifying and solving problems by designing, analyzing, testing, and troubleshooting programs throughout the application development process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Develop cost-effective solutions and modifications on existing or new moderately complex software applications, programs, and processes by analyzing information, investigating problem areas, and implementing solutions.
· Support the product lifecycle by performing tasks such as monitoring and reviewing system performance by coding, testing, debugging, documenting, contributing on more complex code reviews, and implementing moderately complex software applications or change management programs according to department standards.
· Assist in the DevOps process by helping on moderate to complex designs, prototypes, and other methodologies including the development and implementation of test plans and program specifications.
· May lead or assist in leading the execution of designs, prototypes, and other methodologies including the development and implementation of test plans and program specifications.
· Identify and analyze user requirements and technical debt to perform installations, upgrades, maintenance, and customizations on system software to maintain operational efficiency, improve existing computer system capabilities to automate business processing, and provide system software functionality using vendor provided and general-purpose software tools.
· May assist in the development of architecture systems and applications Use a test environment and test cases to design, prototype, and correct systems.
· Drive efficiencies by giving input on evolving coding standards, tools, and processes.
· Document programs, processes, and procedures according to department standards to communicate changes and maintain operational efficiency.
· Train, mentor, support, and develop software engineers by delegating responsibilities and providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Working knowledge of the principles, processes, and practices related to software engineering including software systems and programming languages such C#.net/core, Linq SQL, or related.
· Working knowledge of systems, design techniques, tools, and applications, and data processing, processes, policies, practices, terminology, and procedures.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify problems and recommend corresponding solutions.
· Demonstrate the company's core competencies of change, communication, customer focus, financial acumen, innovation, teamwork, critical thinking, and decision making.
· Embrace and foster a diverse and inclusive culture that aligns with our commitment to THRIVE together. Toolkit: We are building resources for employee reference, including a diversity driven book club, leadership training, and a culture of betterment philosophy. Hear: Every employee has a voice. We listen with attention to gain knowledge and to understand. Respect: We empower people by respecting and appreciating their differences. Inclusion: We support a collaborative workforce that promotes belonging and respect that increases participation and contribution from all employees. Value: All employees are appreciated for their uniqueness. Equity: For all.
· Agile mindset* of trust, teamwork, and transparency and capability to implement agile tools into daily work, allowing for quick adaption to change. (*An agile mindset is the set of attitudes supporting an agile working environment including trust, teamwork, transparency, respect, improvement, ongoing learning, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change.)
· Culture of betterment, which surrounds the questions: Does this decision enhance the customer, the team, and/or the organization? To achieve optimum results, we work within the guidelines of keeping our commitments to one another, being result-driven through continuous improvement and agility, and by staying true to our core values including integrity, positivity, and teamwork.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field. Combination of education and/or relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
· 2+ years’ related progressive experience in development and systems analysis.
· 1 – 3 coding languages (C# and SQL, a plus).