Job location: Louisville, KY 40209
Work week: Monday to Friday.
Benefits: Eligible to enroll after 30 days of employment. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k + 100% match up to 6%, tuition reimbursement for approved education and profit sharing bonuses paid out yearly directly into 401k account (Track record is the past 5 years bonuses paid out)
Education / Certifications: Bachelor’s in Chemistry. Master’s or PhD in Chemistry preferred.
Required Experience: Needs experience in the paint & coatings industry. You will need to have good customer service skills, as you will be customer facing from a technical perspective.
Are you interested in being part of a talented and dynamic team? We are looking for a chemist to work on solventborne and waterborne coatings. Main responsibilities of this role are to formulate and test paint, develop coating formulations and work with sales to solve customer problems. It also involves operating and maintaining test equipment and instrumentation. If you have experience with polymers, resins or coatings, we are waiting for your application!
- Conduct bench work in the lab, formulate paint, spray coatings and test coatings performance. Utilize technical expertise to solve problems and interpret test data.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation.
- Carry out laboratory responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner and through proper usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Continuously develop and utilize technical skills and knowledge within areas of responsibility and related market segments.
- Support sales and marketing organization in the business growth.
- Provide technical support to customers as needed.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date laboratory notebook and project data files for historical analysis, record retrieval and customer support.
Required skills and experience
- 1-3 years of industrial experience is necessary. Experience in formulation of coatings is advantageous.
- Excellent working knowledge of laboratory equipment and computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong results orientation
- Ability to travel 5 to 10% of the time
- Ability to work individually and as a team player
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and reliability
- Bachelors/Masters in chemistry desired.
- Specialization in polymers/coatings and undergraduate/graduate research experience is a plus.