Job title: Collections Analyst
Job location: 209 Stoneridge Drive, Columbia, SC 29210
Compensation: $45,000 to $47,000 + target bonus of 5%
Work week: M – F, salaried, 8:00am to 5:00pm. In the office, not a remote position.
Education / Certifications: High School Diploma/G.E.D.
Experience: 2+ years of experience in the collections industry.
Preferred Experience: Account management experience. Experience with SAP.
Reasons for disqualification: Not passing background tests which includes drug and criminal testing.
- This person would be doing account managing for the big national customers.
- Will be doing research for short pays, will be making collection calls, and sending collection emails.
- Will be directly working with the sales team, customer service teams.
- Will be cross-training with A/R to understand payment options and reporting
As a Collections Specialist, you will be responsible for the collections of outstanding accounts receivable for our North American operations, as well resolving customer billing problems. This position will also cross train with other positions within the Accounts Receivable department to include payment applications and preparing credit packages for the Credit Manager to review.
- Work with customers to identify and resolve outstanding issues on billed invoices
- Develop professional and productive relationships with customers to help identify and resolve root causes for payment delays
- Assess risk on upcoming requests for business and assist in determining appropriate status for ongoing business accounts
- Notate detailed collection efforts into AR system
- Initiate calls on past due accounts from assigned account list coupled with strategic goals
- Research discrepancies and provide resolution when additional help is required
- Record and report billing discrepancies or disputes
- Reprint invoice copies and statements as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education | Experience
- High School Diploma
- Two years of experience in accounts receivable
- Two years of experience in customer collections
- Two years of Microsoft Excel
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge and basic proficiency monitoring and maintaining customer accounts
- Ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion
- Experience with SAP is a plus