Salary is DOE - $110-$170,000 per year ; bonuses available ; potential sign on bonus available. This position is full-time direct position with the employer.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Must have C++ / Embedded / Linux / Computer Vision AI/ML experience
Visa Sponsorship is available
Job Description & Qualifications
We believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join our Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you’ll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We’re seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and balanced ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What you'll be able to do:
- Design and tune a real time image processing pipeline to supply computer and human vision data to consumers
- Understand the complete, low-level flow of image data from imager through ISP to vision data consumers
- Translate high-level software requirements and vision data consumer requirements into design choices
- Assist in investigations of supplier candidate image processing hardware, including ISP accelerators and imagers
- Document image processing pipeline implementation and facilitate reviews and discussions
- Tune and integrate image processing software supplier API's
- Assist vision data consumers with resimulation efforts and tuning version tracking
- Assist other feature teams that utilize vision data with image quality analysis
- Translate the vital remaining work into agile stories and epics for prioritization
- Identify areas of technology focus and push technology to achieve and maintain leadership for current and future generations of DAT vision hardware and software
Minimum requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 6+ months of experience (including coursework and internships) in embedded ISP software development within an electronics subject area
- 2+ years experience (including coursework and internships) in C/C++ software development implementation
- 2+ years experience (including coursework and internships) in imaging, image processing and/or computer vision
- 1+ years experience (including coursework and internships) in measuring image quality such as MTF, color accuracy, and exposure error
Our preferred qualifications:
- Successful defense of image processing or computer vision-based thesis
- 2+ years of industry experience in embedded ISP software product development within an electronics subject area
- 2+ years of industry experience in C/C++ software development implementation
- 2+ years of industry experience in imaging, image processing and/or computer vision to support active safety features
- Experience working in a Linux domain or equivalent
- Background in data analysis and scripting for tests (Matlab, Python)
- Experience with camera calibration such as lens distortion, lens shading, and camera pose
- Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, MIPI CSI
- Experience with Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Familiarity with view stitching and human view generation
- Proven experience in all program phases from Pre-Program through Launch including one major program
- Proven track record to deliver sophisticated solutions in an intensely collaborative product creation environment
- Team oriented, ability to work in cross functional groups and proven technical achievement
- Excellent communication skills both vertically and horizontally within the organization related to all aspects of technical leadership – written and verbal
- Familiar with traditional computer vision processing such as object detection, feature tracking, and optical flow
- Experience in low-level processing core architectures and low-level programming (ex. assembly)
What you'll receive in return:
As part of our family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.