Job title: Supply Chain/Finance Cost & Reporting Analyst
Alternate Job: Reporting Analyst, Sr. Financial Analyst,
Job location: 209 Stoneridge Drive, Columbia, SC 29210
Compensation: $80,000 - $85,000 + 10% target bonus
Work week: M – F, salaried, 8am to 5pm. In the office, not a remote position.
Education / Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a complex data management and financial modeling.
- Ability to use SQL.
- Knowledgeable within finance or supply chain or CVP analysis.
Preferred Experience: Experience with SAP or similar software such as Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Oracle, ClickView, or Power BI.
Reasons for disqualification: Not passing background tests which includes drug and criminal testing.
The Supply Chain Cost and Reporting Analyst position involves designing, managing, and deploying data systems, reports, and dynamic dashboards, as well as training users in these systems and the use of reports. This position is responsible for extracting data from multiple sources, manipulating and validating data, and conducting root cause analysis. The analyst plays an essential role in presenting operational solutions and recommendations to leadership. The individual in this role analyzes complex business operations and develops business requirements and specifications for the creation of programs and data systems and Business Intelligence reporting solutions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting and analyzing data about a company’s operational costs
- Setting standard costs of manufactured goods and assisting with BOM creation, review, and adjustment
- Developing and analyzing cost standards
- Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
- Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
- Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
- Design business analyses and data recording systems for use throughout the department
- Maintain databases and perform updates as necessary to ensure accuracy
- Queries multiple data sources and produces reports such using visualization tools like Power BI, etc.
- Analyzes data and provides insights and recommendations for organizational planning and operations
- Creates business analytics by synthesizing information from multiple sources of data for business decisions and strategic planning
- Manages consolidation of complex data into meaningful information systems
- Maintains documentation and updates reports as data system enhancements are put into place and/or business rules evolve
- Perform database queries, data transfer extracts, and custom reports as requested
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service to both internal and external staff and suppliers
- Acts in a collaborative function for research design, data collection, interpretation, and presentation
- Works with key stakeholders to identify reporting needs, defines the reporting requirements, designs the report, and writes the code required to deliver the reporting
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology or related field with a minimum of two (2) years or more successful experience in a complex organizational environment
- Experience in SAP, object-oriented programming and other data analysis programs
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to use SQL and Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- General knowledge of supply chain, business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow
- Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications such as specialized Business Intelligence software, SQL query language, Microsoft Access, SharePoint, and other database applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities.
- Skilled in using Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access.