Wage: $17 to 19 an hour
Sign On: $1,500 (paying $500 on first paycheck; $1,000 after 90 days of employment)
7:30am – 4:00pm – Monday through Friday + OT
3:45pm – 12:15am – Monday through Friday + OT ($0.50 shift differential)
Required Experience: Good work history and relatable experience. High preference on previous manufacturing experience for Machine Operator.
Preferred Experience: Previous Machine Operator experience
Primarily responsible for setting up machine with a master roll, feeding it through the machine and converting material to finish dimensions customized for a particular order.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Maintains a safe working environment by following all company safety policies and procedures and reports unsafe conditions and incidents, while maintaining quality standards.
- Determines set-up of machine based on work orders
- Inserts shaft into core of one or more rolls and positions roll/s on machine rack
- Threads ends of material through feed rollers, under or across cutting blades, and aligns material against machine guides
- May have to operate the glue system for tipping orders
- Identifies poor quality material and notifies the supervisor and/or Quality Control
- Responsible for recording jobs into computer with correct usage to maintain inventory
- Observes operation of machine to detect malfunctions such as jamming, wrinkling or tearing of material
- Stops machine to make required adjustments, when necessary
- Responsible for a visual inspection of product before it is used
- Troubleshooting of machine set-up to optimize productivity based on work order.
- Maintain inspection cadence and sample keeping records
- High School diploma and/or equivalent and one year of related experience
- Must have organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be able to keep up with production standards
- Exceptional attention to detail and good follow-up skills
- Must possess good problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with coworkers and other departments
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work as team member or independently
- Must be able to read a tape measure – both standard and metric
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs
- Must be able to read a micrometer
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours with some bending and lifting involved