Job title: E-Commerce Merchandiser
Job location: 209 Stoneridge Dr., Columbia, SC 29210 Must be able to come into the office.
Compensation: $50,000 to $60,000 + bonus + full benefits
Work week: M – F, salaried.
Education / Certifications: Bachelor’s in related field preferred but not required with the appropriate amount of experience.
Experience Required: 2+ years’ experience in website management in an E-Commerce setting.
Experience Preferred, but not required: Previous E-Commerce experience in a corporate retail setting
Reasons for disqualification: Not passing background tests which includes drug and criminal testing.
We are a family of industry-leading brands with a common purpose, protecting and nurturing the legendary outdoor brands we grew up with. We are focused on fishing and spending life outdoors while providing outdoor enthusiasts with the right gear for every step of their journey. We’re proud to work with co-workers who share our passions and values, and work as a family to make our mission a success.
The E-Commerce Merchandiser who will work collaboratively with the Director of Ecommerce DTC, as well as the Consumer Service and Sales teams, in all aspects of web merchandising. This position demonstrates an understanding of basic e-commerce principles and has an interest in the digital landscape across selling platforms and marketing channels to build a competitive advantage. We are looking for a forward thinker who can identify impactful insights and communicate these learnings, while possessing a can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Cross-functional communication & collaboration.
- Responsible for merchandising the site to deliver a compelling product experience resulting in improved customer conversion rates.
- Leverage website analytics (Google Analytics) to understand performance and customer interaction with categories, featured product placement, and general online shopping experiences to help identify opportunities and wins.
- Consistently look for opportunity to improve product display pages on site through enhanced product attributing, imagery, or user experience.
- Participates in the alignment of product photography, copy strategies and digital marketing.
- Monitors inventory for key products on site to ensure that email and digital marketing are well supported.
- Responsible to communicate inventory positions of products featured in web content for homepage, landing pages, category pages and site promotions.
- Strategizes new ways of executing category offers, cross-sell/up-sell strategies to drive volume
- Support merchandising strategies for our E-tailer and Retail.com accounts as needed.
- Works closely with Consumer Service Team in troubleshooting product or customer issues that arise on site.
- Stays current with Ecommerce, market, and industry trends.
- Performs other website tasks as needed.
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- Ability to work independent of others, demonstrating resourcefulness, accountability, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-changing environment.
- Must possess Strong computer skills, ability to quickly learn how to navigate various software programs
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Windows based computer applications skills.
- Fishing or Outdoor Industry experience preferred.