We are hiring for an Electrical Maintenance Technician in Alton, VA - relocation assistance is available
- Your starting pay rate is $35-45 per hour depending on experience, plus overtime after 40 hours.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)* the company contributes 10% of your gross income into 401(k) without anything coming out of your pocket.
- The shift is Monday-Friday, 5:30am-2:30pm. Occasional weekends/overtime as well.
- You must have 5+ years of high voltage maintenance experience. Hydraulic or testing equipment maintenance experience is also required. Experience in the automotive industry is a plus.
- Your responsibilities range from providing daily machine support and managing equipment inventories to forecasting future maintenance and upgrade requirements.
- As a Maintenance Technician you will be expected to work independently to monitor machine health, making qualified recommendations and corrective actions as needed.
- You will direct the maintenance efforts and training of others and require little supervision or direction.
- You will have ownership of necessary preventative maintenance schedules as well as tool crib, spare part and consumable inventories.
- The unique testing application at GCAPS sometimes requires equally unique parts and repairs, requiring strong fabrication and machining skills.
- You will be expected to select and use appropriate tools, machinery and specialty equipment, completing work with limited guidance.
- A proper understanding of the protocols of working safely with both electrical and hydraulic energy sources with industrial equipment is crucial.
- Additional responsibilities include facilities support required to maintain and grow company operations.
- Support daily operation of facility and test equipment.
- Fabricate and repair tire test equipment as required.
- Forecast for the future to maintain PM schedules and operation inventories.
- Champion safety and regulate training regarding industrial equipment and dangerous energy sources.
- Work with little supervision , leading/advising other trades and technicians where applicable.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Proficient fabricator including welding, use of manual lathes/mills, etc
- Basic computer skills
- Mechanical/Electrical Journeyman Certificate
- 5 Years Industrial Trades Experience
- Associates Degree+
- Transducer/sensor calibration experience
- Proportional controller/4-20mv analog input experience
- Board repair experience a plus
- NFPA 70E Training
- 7+ Years Industrial Trades Experience