Base Salary + Uncapped Commissions!
Remote Position with travel in the Sales Territory. Must be based in or near:
Syracuse, NY, Long Island, NY, Rochester, NY or Westchester, NY
One of the largest independently owned insurance brokerage firms in the country is now hiring an Employee Benefits Sales Director. This opportunity will consult and sell a full range of employee benefits to ensure educational, governmental, corporate, and non-profit employers and employees get the help they deserve when designing and managing their benefits and retirement programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and acquires new business revenue through sales to new and existing clients with emphasis on small to mid-size companies with high revenue.
- Provides service to clients according to their needs, retain clients and add benefits to fit their needs.
- Participates in team sales situations with other Employee Benefits Consultants and support personnel.
- May manage overall client relationships and is supported by day-to-day account management.
- Assists, educates, and develops other staff members in new client sales situations and existing client service requirements.
- Applies industry technologies to new sales while finding additional sales opportunities with existing clients and account service.
- Prepares and implements individual business plans, production budgets, and weekly sales reports.
- Develops and maintains intercompany relationships consistent with our company culture.
- Experience working within the public sector i.e. – School Districts, Municipalities, etc. preferred
- Health and Life licenses are required.
- Sales experience with ADP, Paycom or other HRIS/Payroll systems a plus.
- Must have a positive “can-do” attitude, possess a passion for building relationships and be a self-starter who regularly demonstrates initiative.
- Other requirements include effective oral and written communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- 50-75% travel within the assigned Territory.