Work week: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Mon-Fri,
Salary Range: $66,000 - $75,000 + bonuses
Benefits: Benefits start on the 1st of the month after they are employed (i.e., hired on November 15th, their benefits start December 1st. (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement; PTO)
Education / Certifications: High School Diploma/G.E.D. required (Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred)
Experience: Must have experience in wastewater pretreatment, familiar with CA Title 22, experience working with hazardous waste, familiar with Cal-OSHA regulations
Maintains and implements environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs to ensure compliance with all applicable EPA, State of California, DOT and OSHA regulations. Works with and supports management team to prevent industrial injuries and illnesses. Maintains environmental management system (EMS) to assure continued certification to the ISO 14001 standard. Implements projects that decrease costs and improves EHS key performance indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily tasks and schedule for Chemical Services and WWTP employees.
- Manages hazardous waste, and water/wastewater programs to ensure full compliance. This will include the oversight and management of properly handling and disposal of all waste, including hazardous wastes that are generated in daily operations throughout the operations.
- Escort and assist regulatory agencies during routine inspections.
- Attends meetings, communicates regularly with managers and supervisors, attends special training, maintains a clean, safe work environment and communicates to supervisors and managers.
- Properly handle and dispose all waste, including hazardous wastes that are generated in daily operations as directed by the EHS department.
- Full participation in safety training and the ability to understand and follow directions identified in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA), PPE Assessments, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and all Safety Procedures and Alerts.
- Acts as primary interface with workers compensation claims and issues
- Conducts inventories to maintain supply of bulk chemicals
Education and Experience:
- Has high school diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of qualifying experience.
- Experience with wastewater pre-treatment.
- Familiar with CA Title 22, Hazardous Waste, Cal-OSHA regulations
- Must have experience in negotiation with governmental agencies
- Experience in printed circuit board industry or chemical industry is preferred
- Primarily 1st shift, but weekend and off-shift work may be required
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Office (or similar) computer programs
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Has strong English and mathematical skills, is able to read and write, reads and understands procedures, has statistical techniques, presentation skills, facilitation skills, negotiation skills, general interpersonal skills and has an understanding of cultural diversity.
- Has good reading vision, color discrimination, depth perception, hearing perception, and is able to speak and communicate clearly.