Work schedule: Monday through Friday, 90% of their schedule will be at the local client/customer site, will have some OT; potential weekend hours. Will have to be open to travel, national travel at some point.
Compensation: $75k - $95k plus O/T & bonuses
Benefits: Starting on first day of employment: Medical, Dental, Vision (82% of insurance cost is covered by the company), Matching 401k, and Unlimited PTO.
Education / Certifications: Bachelor’s / Associate’s in electrical and/or mechanical engineerin
Required Experience: We will hire new graduates for this position.
Preferred Experience: 5+ years of experience in a variety of electrical, mechanical areas is good. Vacuum experience is great. We need an Engineer-minded individual. Japanese or Chinese
A field engineer capable of installing, modifying, and servicing complex equipment and systems, as well as evaluating, troubleshooting, and resolving design issues related to such installations and servicing. Requires extensive experience in installing, servicing, and troubleshooting all types of company products at all types of customer field sites, as well as provides a wide range of basic-to-advanced technical assistance to customers and fellow employees to ensure the accomplishment of scheduled work assignments and customer satisfaction by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working from engineering drawings, schematics, and technical manuals, performs hands-on field service duties at customer sites, i.e., on-site installations of systems, upgrades and retrofits; diagnosis, preventative maintenance and repairs of complex electronic and mechanical systems; debugging; etc.
- Working from final process results on customer product, can provide basic-to-advanced equipment troubleshooting; identification of equipment or process problems, as well as provide operational, maintenance and proper use training to customers and fellow employees on equipment.
- May recommend to customer, fellow employees and factory personnel, equipment modifications or improvements to methods and/or maintenance schedules to enhance the operation and performance of the equipment.
- In a timely manner, submits all necessary documentation, i.e., timesheets; expense reports; weekly update field service reports; etc. as dictated via company policies, procedures, and practices. Adheres strictly to guidelines and instructions issued by management.
- Maintains technical proficiency and troubleshooting skills to be thoroughly knowledgeable in and capable of correcting problems concerned with the electronic, electrical, pneumatic, mechanical assembly, drive mechanism, and software systems for all equipment. As required, may be instructed to take continuing education courses, seminars, and in-house/OJT.
- Takes an active role in information training of less-experienced field service engineers.
- Act as key link to customer satisfaction by handling a wide variety of customer service problems, i.e. orders or complaints for installation, failures, investigations in service, solicitation of additional service, etc. in a manner which will enhance service and equipment reputation, as well as develop and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and improved customer relations.
- As appropriate and necessary, ensures corporate programs, i.e., EH&S, ISO, JSOX, C-TPAT, ITAR, Compliance, etc., are supported and adhered to.