We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst with the required specialized training and experiences outlined below and who also has the ability to manage a rigorous workload for our busy clients. In exchange for the right candidate, you will be rewarded with a well-paid, fully benefited and an exciting opportunity.
JOB LOCATION: Herndon, VA 20170
TEMPORARY TELEWORK: This position will be a telework/work from home until COVID-19 safety precautions change.
SALARY RANGE: $60-70k
The Financial Analyst shall support the Funds Management Branch of our customer. They shall also provide efficient and cost effective support services for the requirements identified below.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Knowledge of basic theories and principles of business management to support related information and systems within organization programs.
- An ability to determine all tasks are properly processed and that total activity agrees with pre-determined control totals is required. An ability to organize and manage multiple tasks congruently, analyze and prepare recurring, special or ad-hoc reports is required
- Demonstrated experience providing necessary adjustment actions by identifying and determining the source of processing deficiencies, and making recommendation for corrective procedures is required.
- A functional understanding and knowledge of theories, principles, internal systems and functional processes in order to communicate, demonstrate, train, and present to colleague and management levels is required.
- An ability to create, review and process client invoices and review accuracy of others is required.
- An ability to provide senior level work for administration, business management or financial process functions or financial, business and accounting systems is required.
- An ability to create and process sales orders, purchase requests and contracting documents as needed, and to prepare business or financial briefings, documentation and reports is required.
- Preferred specialized experience includes knowledge and skill providing financial support for acquisition and grants personnel and interpreting financial management policy, accounting, and reporting regulations.
- Preferred proficiency with SAP, FBMS, PRISM, and/or systems of equivalent functionality.
- Use of independent judgment to create, edit, resolve or escalate incidents as required while conforming to internal systems and polices.
- Ability to develop informational material and other documents for “work arounds” or problems that may occur.
- Review and process client invoices and create sales orders and purchase requests in automated systems.
- Ability to extract, review and analyze numerical and other accounting data to prepare and complete accurate reports and analyses.
- Ability to present and brief others on program status.
- Participate in meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
At a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a recognized financial field is preferred. Substitution of one year of experience for each year of required education is allowed.
A minimum of three years of specific governmental accounting, business management or budget experience is required. The ability to support business management or financial process functions or systems is required. Experience should demonstrate an ability to extract, review, and analyze alpha numerical information for various functions in order to prepare reports, analyses, complete assigned task or make recommendations.