Job location: 3700 Hebron Road, Hebron, OH 43025
Work Week: Hybrid schedule – must be able to come into the office 3+ days a week. Flexible schedule but within normal business hours.
Salary: $75,000 to $85,000 + 10% target bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with 50% match up to 6%, vacation, PTO, and national holidays
Education / Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in HR management or related field required.
Required Experience: 3+ years of professional experience in HR within a manufacturing environment. Must be knowledgeable of state and local laws as it relates to FMLA, ADA, EEO, and FLSA.
Preferred Experience: Master’s Degree in HR Management or related field.
The HR Generalist will report to Corporate Human Resources but will have a dotted line to the site Plant Manager. This position plays a key role in ensuring our strategic initiatives are accomplished, by creating and managing systems that maintain and grow the technical strength of the workforce and the capabilities of the management team. The HR Generalist also helps ensure that all employee relations systems remain effective, compliant, and responsive to the needs of employees and the company. This position will be responsible for supporting Hebron, Ohio, location. HR Generalist's home office will be located at the Hebron, Ohio plant. The total employee population for this group is 100-150.
Essential Job Duties:
- Creates and manages systems that support the strategic direction of the local businesses. Ensures that a learning culture exists within the plant and that the workforce is prepared to meet technological challenges.
- Leads the development of managers and supervisors in areas of employment law, performance management, and professional development. Provides guidance to supervisors on issues of employee performance, development, or discipline.
- Monitors employee development and creates approaches to addressing talent gaps that may affect the business. Ensures that key employees have an opportunity to grow their skills through training, education, and work exposure.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors tuition reimbursement program.
- Ensures that we remain compliant with all governmental rules and regulations. Reports any concerns or issues to Corporate Human Resources.
- Serves as a member of the our Lead HR group. Participates in the creation and deployment of corporate initiatives.
- Performs HR transactional work, including new employee onboarding, background screens, new hire paperwork, and I-9 compliance, etc. The HRBP must be willing to step in and handle tasks at all levels and provide support to employees in all phases of the employment relationship.
- Answers employee benefit questions, manages the open enrollment period, and drives our wellness initiatives.
- Manages work-related injuries in conjunction with workers comp carrier.
- Manages FMLA, STD, and LTD claims in coordination with our external administrators.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; participates in preparation and maintaining of handbook on policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong employee relations capabilities and the ability to identify and address issues, referring complex situations to location management and Corporate HR.
- The ability to handle both strategic and transactional tasks is essential.
- Must have the ability to translate strategic plans into supporting human resources approaches, with appropriate tracking metrics.
- Knowledge of state and local laws as it relates to FMLA, ADA, EEO, FLSA, and other applicable regulations is required.
- Must possess high ethical standards.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Also, must be willing to perform both managerial and administrative tasks as circumstances dictate.
- Prior experience with HR Information and Payroll systems is required. Exposure to ADP WFN is desired, but not mandatory.
- Must have the ability to create and deliver effective presentations for purposes of training and communications of key information.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in human resources
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field, or equivalent required
- Master’s degree in HR Management is preferred, but not required
- SHRM Certification is desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.