Location: Conyers, GA
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), 6 sick/personal days per year, 9 company paid holidays, 10 days PTO, LOTS of room for advancement/growth.
Required Experience: FMLA and ADA experience, investigations and working in union environment
About the company: One of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, servicing approximately 125,000+ restaurants in more than 40 countries from its 50+ locations on five continents.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the day-to-day administration of human resources functions, record keeping, and special projects. Ensures compliance with company, federal and state labor policies and procedures.
- Provides information and counseling to employees, including new employee orientation, benefits counseling, drug/alcohol testing, sexual harassment policies, company policies, payroll, safety etc.
- Posts federal and state rules and regulations and ensures compliance (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, EEO, ADDA, Title VII, OSHA, DOT, USDA, etc.).
- In union facilities, assists in handling grievances and issue resolutions in non-union facilities.
- Directs the maintenance of human resources materials, including personnel files, new hire forms, I-9’s, W-4’s, manuals, and other documents to ensure that files are current, confidential, complete, and in compliance with company and government regulations and deadlines.
- Disseminates human resources policies, procedures, and programs to ensure that all employees are well informed and work in compliance with policies and regulations.
- Provides guidance to managers and supervisors regarding implementation of human resources policies and procedures to ensure appropriate and fair human resources practices.
- Recruits and selects hourly and salaried employees by preparing and placing classified job advertisements, screening applications, testing and interviewing applicants, background checks, employment verification, reference checks, handling temporary employment agencies, recommending applicants, and drafting offer letters.
An active participant on the facilities or center’s management team. Handles higher level human resources issues when the Human Resources Manager is unavailable at the facility or center.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a related field from an accredited college or university. PHR and/or SPHR certification from SHRM or a college plus demonstrated years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
3 to 6 years of work experience in general human resources.