*HVAC & Refrigeration experience required. Up to 25% travel involved.
*Compensation Package is $65-$80,000 dependent on experience + 5% bonus + full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k with match)
SUMMARY: The HVAC Field Support Technician is responsible for providing pre and post sales technical support to dealers, fleets and truck drivers. Support includes but is not limited to phone, email, and on-site installation and driver training to support the Idle Free electric APU product line.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs on-site installations of and training on electric APU products.
- Diagnoses product issues and processes warranty claims.
- Responds to technical questions from existing and potential customers.
- Develops and maintains documentation for all support activities including product development, enhancement, engineering and marketing activities.
- Works with Customer Service team to evaluate complex customer problem, identify root causes and derive resolutions.
- Works with sales team in product sales activities and supports Account Managers in identifying new customers and retaining existing customers for business growth.
- Analyzes customer suggestions and recommend product revisions.
- Coordinates with business units to support new product developments and existing product enhancements.
- Works with development team in performance analysis of new products and enhancements.
- Analyzes industry trends and market demands to recommend product enhancements.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- AA degree in HVAC/Refrigeration or equivalent plus 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a technical or technical support role.
- Experience directly interacting with customers
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Ability to translate customer needs to a viable technical solution
- Ability to read electrical schematics and use problem solving skills to quickly identify root cause of problem
- Basic computer skills needed to do word processing, spreadsheets, CRM, presentations, finding information and communications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within the United States and Canada for several days at a time (must be able to obtain a passport).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, see colors and climb on outside and inside of trucks
- Approximately 25% travel with some travel being on short notice
Associates or better.
5 years: Relevant HVAC industry exposure
1 year: Technical support experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)