We are searching for someone with Help Desk, Desktop Support, or IT Support experience and a technical degree (Associate's OR Bachelor's).
You will work with an industry leading team of scientists and engineers by leading the technical delivery of visual display systems for our flight simulators used by both commercial and military pilots and crews.
With assistance from Systems, Optical, Mechanical and Software Engineering teams the IT Technician is a primary face-to-the customer at testing events.
- Coordinates creation and development of system related configuration elements including system scripts necessary for a configuration baseline meeting contractual requirements.
- This position supports program management coordination events with key internal and external stakeholders in execution of the program
- Prepares specific system documentation and deliverable data items and introduces them into our configuration management system
- Participates with system engineering to understand and document the system configuration
- Interfaces with Quality Assurance, Operations, and support organizations during pre-delivery system validation and physical audit contractual obligations
- Plans and verifies test event related logistics; responsible to coordinate required tools, unique test equipment, and support material / spares required are available on-site when needed and return of same
- Provides technical assistance to internal, on-site installation, and customer teams
- Leads the visual system portion of all on-site Acceptance Test and Physical Configuration Audit activities; coordinates on-site test activities with customers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a technical discipline
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office tools
- Travel required to various simulator/customer/vendor sites
- MS Project (preferred)
- Unix knowledge (preferred)
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, Holidays, Floating Personal Days
- 401K Match / Immediately Vested
- Basic Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development
- Also: Supplemental life, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Travel Accident Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, EAP, Pre-paid Legal