Starting pay rate is $29.00 an hour.
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401k + 100% match up to 6%, tuition reimbursement and profit-sharing bonuses paid out yearly directly into 401k account (Track record is the past 5 years they have had bonuses paid out) typically around 3% a year (3% of gross income) that’s an average – could be less could be more
Responsible for the testing of production batch samples and adjusting to plant formula specifications.
- Perform all laboratory tests (including MSC) according to written instructions, including the use of existing/ newly introduced equipment to improve the efficiency and/or accuracy of the measurements.
- Analyses apply to raw materials, in-process samples, intermediates, finished goods, and any development work that may require the use of the QC test methods.
- Analyze key chemical process parameters as directed in LIMS and/or Laboratory Control Instructions. Determine and communicate required actions to the proper group as part of the results of the analyses, which includes both verbal and computer-based systems.
- Perform mathematical calculations using supplied equations or spreadsheets.
- Prepare product certificates of analysis.
- Record test results and actions on paperwork and/or into computer systems.
- Maintain housekeeping in Laboratory, not just relegated to the equipment used, but also to the infrastructure (floors, walls, refuse, etc.).
- Monitor key chemical process parameters and determine adjustments to correct for deviations following the batch laboratory control instructions, including any testing required for blending of rework/off-grade, etc.
- Weigh-up quantities of raw materials for addition to processes in addition to or in conjunction with production operators doing the same.
- Maintain, identify the need to order, and organize (store) laboratory supplies/inventory, and relay chemical/supply needs to lab group leaders.
- Perform laboratory equipment calibration per documented procedures and maintain records of calibration as indicated.
- Prepare daily shift reports and distribute via email
- Generate daily QC lot backlog report to keep the material handling aspects as efficient as possible
- Other operations as determined.
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or science-related field is preferred but not required
Prior laboratory experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Reading comprehension
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced lab environment, providing accurate results
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of SPC principles