Work Week: Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm + OT
Sign On: $1,500 (paying $500 on first paycheck; $1,000 after 90 days of employment)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, FSA, HAS, 401k with 50% match up to 6%, vacation, PTO, and national holidays
Education / Certifications: H.S. Diploma or GED required
Required Experience: Good work history and relatable experience. Must have experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably 1 to 2 years. Proficiency in Excel and must present themselves well, customer service is a portion of this job.
Preferred Experience: Previous Shipping Coordinator experience huge plus. Previous warehouse experience.
Reasons for disqualification: Must have H.S Diploma or GED, must be willing to left up to 50 lbs, must be willing to stand on feed for long periods of time, must complete a drug screen and pass, and must complete and pass a background check
Job Summary: This position receives direction to support the shipping and receiving department. Position responsibilities will include committed and highly responsible decision making in areas involving customers, personnel and operations including safety and logistics. This position will be accountable for the accuracy of the shipping and receiving department. This position can perform, effectively and organized all job functions within the shipping and receiving department. This includes safe operation of all equipment following policy and procedure.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on carton
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Operates tier lift truck or uses handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area
- Ability to view, understand and record information on the Bill of Lading form
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or General Education Diploma required
- One-two years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must have organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exceptional attention to detail and good follow-up skills
- Must possess good problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees and vendors
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Willingness to work as team member or independently
- Must be dedicated to continuous improvement