The Logistics leader plays a key role in leading our logistics business function. This includes managing our Logistics Coordinators and Administrative team, internal fleet assets, and our employee and contracted driver staff. The Logistics leader will foster trusted relationships with key transport carriers, and brokers, ensuring the team schedules and trucks load in a timely fashion for the best rates possible that ensure expedited, on-time delivery of rental vehicles to our customers.
• Manage and oversee our nationwide logistics strategy and department P&L.
• Manage internal fleet of employee driven assets, ensuring optimal utilization is obtained and drivers are following all safety protocol.
• Oversee all contract negotiation with logistics vendors, including brokers, direct carriers, and 1099 contracted drivers.
• Work closely with sales and our Logistics Department to allocate resources appropriately for delivery and return freight. Ensuring quick responses and excellent customer service.
• Create, document and train drivers (employee and 1099) regarding safety and general best practices.
• Implement new logistics load board and tracking software.
• Research, vet, and process trusted regional and nationwide transportation carriers to add to our vendor portfolio, for truck, trailer and UTV freight.
• Book and track loads to ensure timely delivery. Think strategically to assist team in rebooking dropped loads. This will entail phone call and text message communication with brokers, drivers, and end-users receiving the freight.
• Negotiate contracted pricing and work to reduce our overall cost to transport per mile.
• Set departmental standards to confirm carrier capabilities before confirming loads, including trailer length and weight capacity, height restrictions, etc.
• Generating transport orders in our Microsoft Dynamics transportation booking system.
• Troubleshoot incorrect carrier invoices when Dispatch Administrator reconciles them against transportation PO’s weekly.
• Track and report out monthly logistics KPIs to the executive team.
• Backup Logistics Coordinators as needed.
• Excellent organization skill, and a passion for customer service.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize, have a flexible schedule.
• Excellent computer skills and communication skills.
• Trouble shooting skills – and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a logistics or supply chain related role is a must
• Experience in a fast-paced, challenging role within the transportation field is preferred.
• Excel in high-pressure, team environments.