*On the job training offered. This is a full-time, permanent position. No manufacturing experience required to apply BUT preferred.
Shift Available: 4 on (2 days - 2 nights) - 4 off (12 hour shifts)
6am to 6pm for 2 days, then 6pm to 6am the next two days, then 4 days off.
example., Monday, Tuesday (days) / Wednesday, Thursday (nights) / Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday off / then Tuesday, Wednesday (days) / Thursday, Friday (nights) / Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off
Wage: $18.00 an hour + $0.50 shift differential
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with 50% match up to 6%, vacation, PTO, and national holidays
Education / Certifications: H.S. Diploma or GED required
Required Experience: Good work history and relatable experience.
Preferred Experience: Previous manufacturing experience desired. Previous Machine Operator experience will result in higher wage.
Operator responsibility is to safely operate the PS slitters in all aspects. Operational activities include master roll loading, film and width changeovers, PLC interactions, ability to analyze run conditions to improve product quality, safely remove and package finished goods, and interact with the production reporting system multiple times per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area/warehouse
- Maintains a safe working environment by following all company safety policies and procedures and reports unsafe conditions and incidents
- Maintains company's quality standards.
- Runs the job by starting the machines, monitoring the production and running the number of sets specified on the Slitting Ticket.
- Checks the machine is set up properly by comparing it to web diagram
- Accurately labels all rolls produced
- Enters production data in the production reporting tool
- Makes adjustment to the machine during the run responding to problems found during visual inspection
- Reviews the packing specifications by locating the information in the computer system to ensure the customer specifications are met.
- Activates job into the production reporting systems by entering information
- Inspects film each day for any defects such as star patterns, core alignment, edge weave, width, and debris
- Reviews packing specifications
- Transports material and finished products to the appropriate location if material handler is not available
- Performs maintenance tasks, troubleshooting the problems and reports any problem to supervisor
- Sets and adjusts blade for a smooth, clean cut
- Updates Inventory
- Maintains a history of jobs and communicates with other shifts by recording information into the Log Book.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs multiple times in a 12 hour shift
- Must have organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must possess good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail in record keeping and quality
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with employees
- Experience in computer interaction
- Willingness to work as team member or independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.