Job title: Maintenance Technician
Job location: East Saint Louis, IL 62205
Work week: 8:00am to 4:30pm + OT, occasional call-ins.
Pay: Starting pay is $30-33/hour + 3% bonus on an annual basis.
Benefits: Eligible to enroll after 30 days of employment. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k + 100% match up to 6%, tuition reimbursement for approved education and profit sharing bonuses paid out yearly directly into 401k account (Track record is the past 5 years bonuses paid out)
Education / Certifications: High School Diploma or GED
Required Experience: 3-7 years’ experience of relatable experience in maintenance within a chemical, manufacturing, or related industry.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician with good problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills to join our team. You will be responsible for providing service and repairing equipment in our industry.
If you have a high level of initiative to recognize, analyze and solve problems, then we are waiting for your application.
- Support, coordinate and control of all aspects of engineering projects
- Conduct detailed root cause analysis on failures to prevent reoccurrence
- Repair equipment to ensure equipment integrity and production availability while minimizing cost
- Support Mechanical Integrity program and ensure compliance with all regulatory activities
- Plan and coordinate activities related to emergency equipment breakdown or failure
- Manage the use of contract service providers for maintenance activities on-site as needed
- Effectively manage plant shutdowns with detailed plans
- Evaluate outside contractors/vendors. Make optimal decisions on when to outsource
- Participate in or lead small capital project execution teams in partnership with Engineering
- Evaluate and negotiate supplier quotes
Required skills and experience
- 3-7 years of experience in chemical, manufacturing or related industry
- Experience with local technical standards related to process piping, heat exchangers, pressure vessels and storage tanks
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate documentation and instructions for others
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on a multitude of tasks
- Ability to quickly assess problems and able to process workable solutions
- High School graduate with Associate degree in electronics, electrical, electro-mechanical technologies or equivalent technical training