Job location: 3700 Hebron Road, Hebron, OH 43025
Work Week: 6:00am to 2:00pm with some on call, Monday through Friday
Wage : $23 to $27 an hour depending on experience.
Sign-on: $3,000 – ($1,000 paid on their first paycheck, $2,000 paid at 90 days of employment)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with 50% match up to 6%, vacation, PTO, and national holidays
This position will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing all facilities and manufacturing equipment from extruders, winders, slitters, gearboxes, air compressors, pumps and pelletizers to dock doors, dock levelers, hoists, silos and building ventilation systems. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
- Perform all duties with a passion for keeping safety first and constructively influence others to do the same.
- Comply with and practice proper isolation & verification of all systems where work will be performed.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Work productively and cooperatively with co-workers, customers, supervisors and outside contractors.
- In addition to a standard Monday through Friday day time work shift, currently 6:00am to 2:30pm, work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on an on-call basis, as needed.
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and document maintenance concerns/resolutions in an electronic CMMS database.
- Recognize and correct potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Perform machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, cut-off saws, grinders, milling machines, band saws, pneumatic tools and electric/manual hand tools.
- Perform pipe fitting of threaded and flanged pipe of various sizes, both prefabricated and field runs. Locations could include to and from various pieces of equipment/systems, outside pipe bridges and inside buildings.
- Develop written procedures for mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic equipment maintenance and inspection.
- Develop procurement lists of repair/spare parts for mechanical systems for project and maintenance purposes.
- Support Plant Operations to minimize production impacts and enhance reliability.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and professionalism while working as a member of a team or independently.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the mechanical maintenance field, preferably in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Must be capable of and willing to work overtime as required and participate in an on-call rotation for 24/7/365 coverage of facilities.
- Must be able to respond to call-in requests promptly when notified.
- Must be able to use and navigate business applications, including computerized maintenance management software (CMMS), and be proficient with MS Office suite.
- Must be able to use ladders, scaffolding, and/or a personnel lift while performing job duties.
- Must be able to work with power tools, small motorized equipment, and vehicles.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with employees and vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work as member of a team or independently.