Starting salary is $90,000-$110,000 + 5% annual bonus
M/D/V insurance, 401k + 100% match up to 6%, tuition reimbursement for approved education and profit-sharing bonuses paid out yearly directly into 401k account (Track record is the past 5 years they have had bonuses paid out) typically around 3% a year (3% of gross income) that’s an average – could be less could be more
Our work helps to protect and improve more than 1,000 products; from interior coatings for airplanes and scratch-resistant coatings for smartphones, to corrosion protection for cars, and even printing inks for glossy magazines. We are present in 4 regions, with more than 4,000 employees globally, and serve customers in over 100 countries, which makes us the world's leading industrial coatings resins company.
This position will test your chemical engineering skills at chemical resins manufacturing plant. You will lead a variety of process, controls, and maintenance projects to enhance operations and drive improvement. The intention of the position is to help develop and improve the site. The position will require thorough field troubleshooting and research to understand processes and problems in a fundamental way. Consistent with developing the site, the position will require a 15% training component. In addition, the position will be responsible for tracking site energy usage and implementing energy reduction measures.
- For projects, design process solution and then lead review meetings with stakeholders to firmly establish scope.
- Develop P&IDs, evaluate utility requirements, and lead process hazard analysis. Review detailed design documents, but construction activity will be led by site project engineer. As construction finishes, develop commissioning and training plans. Lead start-up, training, and transfer to production.
- Daily maintenance is not focus of position, but systemic operability problems and improvement of maintenance capabilities are.
- Examine problems holistically to find effective solutions for maintenance “bad actors” Enhance maintenance documentation, resources and training to increase productivity.
- Critically examine maintenance programs and activity for greater effectiveness and productivity.
- Monitor and track site utility and energy usage. This position will be on lead for lowering energy usage and finding effective improvements.
- Developing proficiency reading electrical schematics, instrument loop diagrams, PLC ladder logic. Off site training will be provided as needed to develop proficiency and ability to navigate site DCS system and PLC systems.
- Position will require ability to develop control narratives and work scope documents for remote, external control engineers. Downloading of new programming, touching -up graphics, small logic changes and enhancements are typical.
- Position will be required to lead on-site training for operations employees 2-3 days per month.
- Develop of some new training material would be expected and natural.
Required skills and experience
- 1-5 years of experience in an industrial or, resin/paint development or, manufacturing field.
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV DCS system is highly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams comprised of technical, production and maintenance personnel.
- Excellent working knowledge of laboratory equipment and PC literacy.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Automation skills are desired.
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree with 5 years of experience in an industrial environment.