Job title: Procurement Specialist
Job location: Alpharetta, GA 30009
Salary: $77K to $95K + 5% bonus annually.
Benefits: Eligible to enroll after 30 days of employment. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k + 100% match up to 6%, tuition reimbursement for approved education and profit sharing bonuses paid out yearly directly into 401k account (Track record is the past 5 years bonuses paid out)
Education / Certifications: High School Diploma or GED minimum. Preference with someone with a bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics, business, engineering, or chemistry.
Required Experience: 2 years of transportation and logistics management experience within a manufacturing/chemical industry. 3 years of experience in procurement of chemicals for coating resins or other manufacturing related goods. Knowledge of the transportation regulations that involve the movement of freight. DOT & FMSCA knowledge.
Are you interested in learning more about Procurement in the world leading industrial coating resins company? We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our team. You will primarily work closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to provide materials at best TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and to minimize inventory where possible while keeping defined service levels. You will also manage local relationships with plant managers, maintenance managers and operational people.
- Management of dedicated truck drivers for delivery of raw materials to plant sites (Scheduler). Must provide transportation for critical raw materials so we have reliable On-time delivery at the lowest TCO.
- Analysis & recommendation to increase storage capacity through leasing of tanks and/or railcars and railcar transloading.
- Management of raw material sourcing and minor distributors.
- Development of contracts with carriers for dedicated drivers for raw materials.
- Achieve raw material spend budget and key cost savings & cash flow targets.
- Provide indirect procurement of raw materials, equipment & service for Alpharetta lab(s).
- Implement the sourcing strategy, including development and execution of RFP’s, conducting negotiations with supplier(s), and ongoing supplier management.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years of transportation and logistics management in manufacturing/chemical industry with hand’s on experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Procurement of Chemicals for coating resins or other manufacturing related goods, working with major U.S. suppliers and Key Raw Materials.
- A proven track record of success in the development of transportation providers across multiple sites is highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong negotiation skills, good decision maker; planning and implementation skills.
- Due to the variety of tasks, flexibility is mandatory with the capability to set priorities and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient with ERP systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, chemistry or supply chain/logistics preferred or someone with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Transportation training and knowledge of DOT, FMSCA, and all Transportation Regulations that involve the movement of freight.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English.