Job location: Opelika, AL
Work week: 2nd shift, 3-11pm.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), 6 sick/personal days per year, 9 company paid holidays, 10 days PTO, LOTS of room for advancement/growth.
About the company: One of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, servicing approximately 125,000+ restaurants in more than 40 countries from its 50+ locations on five continents.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the day-to-day activities of beef processing operations to meet company objectives and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Plans, implements, and monitors day-to-day beef processing operations, analyzing operations and monitoring the budget, to achieve division and company productivity and quality objectives and to ensure compliance with company and regulatory agency regulations. (50%)
- Supervises the daily activities of assigned staff, providing instructions and performance feedback to ensure that productivity and quality objectives are met or exceeded. (20%)
- Identifies and resolves process and equipment problems, using available resources to maintain productivity and quality. (10%)
- Implements approaches to improve quality and productivity by developing new ideas, improving processes, and planning for upcoming equipment or process changes. (10%)
- Routinely informs and communicates with employees to promote smooth operations, enhance their understanding of company policies and objectives, and to ensure compliance with established production policies and procedures. (10%)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Supervises up to 50 mostly hourly employees
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
- Productivity/quality standards: production and process efficiency and quality
- Productivity/quality standards: continuous product/process improvement
- Recruitment and selection of employees
- Department KPIs
- Cost containment
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Customer satisfaction
- Vendor relations
- Safety standards and procedures: employees
- Safety standards and procedures: food
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
AA degree in food science or business administration from an accredited vocational, technical or junior college institution preferred
3+ years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment with lead or supervisory experience