Salary: Starts around $72,000 depending on experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), 6 sick/personal days per year, 9 company paid holidays, 10 days PTO, LOTS of room for advancement/growth.
About the company: One of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, servicing approximately 125,000+ restaurants in more than 40 countries from its 50+ locations on five continents.
Location: Burleson, TX (onsite)
JOB SUMMARY: Schedules production for Products to assure supply to customers and outside business. Manages the procurement of raw materials, ingredients, and packaging to support the schedule.
- Develops the weekly detailed production schedule.
- Demand planning using internal and external data/tools to ensure proper inventories are always maintained.
- Forecasts and communicates potential shortages effectively as needed
- Recommends and executes intercompany transfers of finished goods as needed to maintain proper inventory levels and assured supply.
- Supervises the daily activities of staff to ensure that proper inventory levels of finished goods are maintained, productivity objectives are met and pricing data are accurately maintained and transportation requirements are confirmed.
- Conducts and coordinates the raw material, ingredient and packaging inventory control which includes the cycle counting process.
- Manages and assists in the purchasing of raw materials, ingredients and packaging in support of manufacturing. Monitors vendor performance and works with vendors to resolve issues.
- Conducts inventory audit(s) as specified by an external auditor to comply with policies and guidelines.
- Routinely informs and communicates with employees to promote smooth operations and to ensure compliance with established inventory procedures, safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelor’s degree in materials management, logistics, or industrial engineering
3 to 6 years of relevant work and supervisory experience in purchasing, expediting, transportation and logistics in a manufacturing environment.