Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), 6 sick/personal days per year, 9 company paid holidays, 10 days PTO, LOTS of room for advancement/growth.
Work week: 3rd shift 11:00pm to 7:30am (Would need to come in an hour earlier than the shift starts)
Required Experience: 2 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment with lead or supervisory experience. Food production experience is preferred.
About the company: One of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, servicing approximately 125,000+ restaurants in more than 40 countries from its 50+ locations on five continents.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the day-to-day activities of liquid products operations to meet objectives and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. Responsible for sustaining delivery of all key business results including safety, quality, attainment, cost, OEE and yield. You will be responsible for growing technical, leadership and work capabilities of associates while instilling ownership in operators for equipment & standard work processes.
- Supervises the daily activities of assigned staff, providing instructions and performance feedback to ensure that productivity and quality objectives are met or exceeded.
- Identifies and resolves process and equipment problems, using available resources to maintain productivity and quality.
- Implements approaches to improve quality and productivity by developing new ideas, improving processes, and planning for upcoming equipment or process changes.
- Routinely informs and communicates with employees to promote smooth operations, enhance their understanding of policies and objectives, and to ensure compliance with established production policies and procedures.
- Drive Daily Management Systems to deliver improved results every shift, every day
- Own the Incident Elimination, Clean Inspect Lube (CIL) management, and Defect Handling DMS's
- Ensure any safety / quality / food safety behavior & condition issues are resolved quickly
- Own the scorecard, gap analysis, & action planning processes for the line
- Drive effective operational reviews (shift hand-off, shiftly ops review, daily ops review)
- Eliminate barriers for the line teams to achieve results and enroll support groups when necessary
- Responsible for administration of people management systems (staffing, training, etc)
- Communication - ensure the teams are receiving the right information
- Drive Continuous Improvement of systems and results
- Successful delivery of initiatives
- Develop individual capability in Operator Driven Reliability (ODR) standard work processes
- Using problem solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate operational issues
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
Degree in Food Science, Engineer, or Business Administration from an accredited vocational, technical or junior college institution preferred
2 years of relevant work experience in a food-manufacturing environment with lead or supervisory experience
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Food safety concepts and techniques (J)
- Budgetary concepts and procedures (B)
- Engineering concepts and procedures (B)
- PC word processing/spreadsheet software (B)
- Quality concepts and procedures (B)
Skill and ability to:
- Supervise and motivate employees in a team-based environment
- Identify problems or irregularities for early resolution
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with employees verbally and in writing
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with internal and external customers
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Act in accordance with Values and Creed
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing
- Stand/walk 8 or more hours per day
- Constantly twist/turn and talk/hear
- Frequently squat, bend, reach, handle/finger, grip/grasp and use fine motor tasks
- Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs from floor to shoulder level and carry 30 feet
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid and slippery environments
- Constantly work near moving machinery
- Constantly work in cold (35-40 degrees)
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection
- Bump cap, hair net, safety glasses, hearing protection, and smock.
- Rubber and cotton gloves.
- Knowledge of equipment on the production line you are responsible for
- Advanced level of computer skills
- Leads up to 50 mostly hourly employees
- Tour Leadership (Coaching team on standards execution)
- Coach the teams on keeping the line at base condition
- Department level system ownership (could also own a site level system)
- Be a coach for the teams on the use of GPS (IWS) tools to solve problems (Why Why, Basic Problem Solving, etc.)
- Escalate issues that need further attention properly
- Demonstrate the Creed and Values
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness
- Productivity/quality standards: production and process efficiency and quality
- Productivity/quality standards: continuous product/process improvement
- Attendance and punctuality
- Cost containment
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- Vendor relations
- Safety standards and procedures: employees