Job title: Regional Property Manager
Job location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $90,000 to $100,000 DOE + full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching, and HSA)
Education: Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D at minimum
Required Experience: 5+ years as a Regional Property Manager
Preferred Experience: Experience with Yardi, Certified Property Manager (CPM) certification, Oregon State Real Estate License, Conventional, Tax Credit, or Lease-Up experience
SUMMARY: The primary duties of this position will be to manage properties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Determine which items or services for the property (ies) are to be purchased, determine quantity of purchases, and negotiate or approve contracts for services.
2. Oversee operation of building systems, supervise employees or direct contractors who perform routine maintenance and repair work, and/or oversee planning and construction of tenant improvements and interior design.
3. Design and implement preventative maintenance programs for the property (ies).
4. Perform regular property inspections in accordance with established policies and procedures.
5. Design, implement, or approve a tenant retention program.
6. Routinely communicate with occupants of the property (ies) concerning level of service
and other management matters.
7. Design, implement, approve, or participate in developing and implementing a life-safety
and emergency preparedness program of the property(ies).
8. Establish or monitor and enforce the property(ies)'s operating policies and procedures.
9. Supervise property(ies) collections, including the handling of property(ies) receipts,
journal entries, records of account, bank deposits, and delinquent accounts.
I 0. Administer the leasing and lease renewal process, negotiate leases, or review and approve leases.
11. Prepare annual budgets, including capital expenditure budgets, or review and authorize such
budgets as approved by others.
12. Review and approve property(ies)/premises operating statements, together with any required explanatory test.
13. Establish, approve, or monitor adherence to the record keeping system.
14. Prepare, approve, or execute marketing plans for attracting potential tenants to the property(ies).
15. Analyze market conditions and recommend or approve rental rates.
16. Has responsibility for the property(ies)'s compliance with government and environmental regulations and recommend if legal or other counsel is needed.
16. Establish management controls and monitor property(ies) performance.
17. Address policy and procedural violations with managers providing additional on-on-one on going training and support for other departments – screening, collections, accounting.
18. Correspondence with resident managers, vendors, clients, and agencies.
19. Assist in retaining current clients and obtaining new clients.
20. Maintain accurate and meaningful files and a clean and safe workspace.
Manage, directly; site personnel, off-site management staff, or contracted management firms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be knowledgeable in landlord tenant law, fair housing, leasing, customer service and property management. Must have public speaking, training or teaching experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have at least 5 years property management experience. Preference on candidates that hold a current Oregon State Real Estate Salespersons license, bachelor’s degree and/or CPM designation. Experience with conventional, tax-credit, or lease-up is preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (reading, writing, typing etc.) Must be able to read, write and communicate well. Extensive typing is required, minimum of 55 wpm. Must be computer literate. Experience on Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet preferred. This position requires extensive interfacing with managers and clients through phone communications and in person.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS (if applicable)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to read and understand financial reports. Must be familiar with preparation and implementation of budgets and rent increase schedules.
REASONING ABILITIES - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize well. Must be able to solve problems quickly and effectively.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. Job requires ability to operate computer, fax machine and copier. Must hold a valid Washington State drivers license and maintain vehicle insurance. Must have capacity/ability to travel as required.
• Will use near vision at 20 inches or less to far vision of 20 feet or more; as well as depth perception to judge distance and space relationships.
• Position may require exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Work may involve sitting for extended periods of time.
• Requires walking through buildings and exterior grounds during property reviews
• There is a repetitive motion of wrists, hands and fingers to operate computer and keyboard as well as telephone.
• Will involve expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. These activities in which workers must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately and quickly.
• Position will spend 60 percent of time in an office environment.
• May be exposed frequently to temperature extremes on a seasonal basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should be able to handle heavy phone contact an be able to multi-task successfully. Must be able to handle frequent interruptions calmly and professionally.