Job title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job location: Syracuse, NY 13221 – relocation assistance available – generous relocation package – can entertain hybrid scenario but some work must be done in office.
Compensation: $90,000-120,000 salary depending on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, technical career path for career advancement if management is not desired, and lots of room for growth.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechatronics, or computer engineering
- Must have 5+ years of design and product development experience.
- Ability to design analog and digital circuits plus understand and conduct fundamental electrical troubleshooting.
- Must be proficient with test and measurement tools
- Proficiency with circuit design tools (Cadence, Altium, or similar ECAD tools).
- Ability to understand and contribute to DFMEA, FMEA, engineering drawings, and other engineering documentation.
- 5 + years of product development experience with high volume electronic products, greater than 10K units per year.
- Experience with robust disciplined quality approaches such as Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO-9001
- Experience with software to test hardware using assembly, C or C++, or other.
- Experience with HVAC Control or automotive design a plus.
- Experience with robust documentation functions in new product development and production support, including the release of engineering artifacts including bill of materials, schematics, assembly drawings where documentation control and manufacturing process knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge of quality control principles, business processes, and PLM / PDM principles.
- Experience with statistical analysis of complex data sets and design of experiments (DOE).
- Exposure or experience with Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
As a senior member of the team, you will make a difference in people's lives around the world by developing electronic control systems that precisely regulate the environment to keep food, medicines, and other products safe.
The hands-on Senior Electrical Engineer will research, develop, design, debug, troubleshoot, and support cutting-edge technology and take the products to the next level of the digitally connected world used in the mobile refrigeration and climate control business.
You will also provide technical leadership for the design and support of Transicold Truck/Trailer and Container controls while supporting the international manufacturing team with a focus on results by driving issues to closure, adhering to schedules, and assuring a quality product is produced.
- Design, debug, troubleshoot complex electronic circuits and ensure reliability based on calculations and validation of designs in the lab.
- Collaborate with other engineers and contribute to the success of the product in a team environment, an individual contributor focusing on the success of the team.
- Apply statistical methods and perform product/process analysis of quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Support product failure investigations via rigorous and thorough root cause analysis of issues followed by implementing containment and corrective actions.
- Create, maintain, organize, and release under formal documentation control various engineering artifacts including schematics, assembly drawings, PCBA layout, test directives, and bills of materials.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Engineering team to coordinate engineering changes through deviations, ECN's, and CAR's processes.
- Mentor junior engineers, technicians, and college interns.
- Occasional travel to customers and suppliers is required.