*Positions are open due to growth!**
*Candidates with 7+ years of relevant experience are encouraged to apply
*Compensation package: Salary range between $85-$100,000, dependent on experience + 5% bonus + full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match)
Provides manufacturing engineering support for new product introduction, continuous improvement, waste reduction, problem solving, and cost reduction activities in support of company goals and objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Scopes, designs, documents, deploys and qualifies new equipment / fixturing to support new products
- Champions projects to optimize / improve throughput, yield and ergonomics with an emphasis on reducing operating expenses through automation, error proofing, and waste reduction in a fast moving regulated (ISO 9001 / 16949) manufacturing environment.
- Provides direction to engineers and technicians assisting in the construction, commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and documentation of equipment.
- Develops plant area expertise and provide skilled troubleshooting by participating in cross-functional teams. Provides leadership in new product launches and continuous improvement efforts.
- Identifies, justifies, and submits capital project documentation for approval, and coordinates the purchasing, installation, and testing of equipment and machinery prior to release to production.
- Participates in problem solving and development teams, working as a liaison between the factory floor and Development Engineering. Participates in APQP teams representing the plant.
- Provides leadership in safe plant operations. Participates on safety or ergonomics committee to provide input and solutions in problematic areas.
- Generates, maintains, and monitors process operating parameters, capacity and utilization data, routing and bills of material information, as well as TS16949 manufacturing and production documentation.
- Possess plant maintenance and operation knowledge along with technical skills to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives
- Must be proficient using 3D CAD Software (e.g. AutoCAD / Solid Works)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term programs/projects, as well as address shot-term operational issues.
- Knowledge of APQP (or equivalent) quality systems - PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D, RCA, CAPA, Control plans etc.
- Automotive Industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, manufacturing or other related engineering discipline.
- Three plus years relevant work experience for the Manufacturing Engineer, Seven plus years relevant work experience for the Sr. Manufacturing Engineer