Job title: Philanthropy Officer, Senior
Job location: 4450 Blakely Avenue NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Work week: Hybrid – Monday through Friday
Salary: $80,000 to $115,000 + 401(k) with 4% match
Benefits: 100% paid for by employer – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long-term disability, short-term disability
Additional Benefits – HSA, FSA, 3 weeks PTO, 12 annual holidays, + sick time.
Education / Certifications: High School Diploma
Required Experience: Minimum three years fundraising or related experience, with proven track record.
Preferred Experience: High level of professionalism, highly communicative, and someone who does well meeting new people. Experience with SalesForce.
Our mission is to provide exceptional learning experiences to inspire lifelong environmental and community stewardship; our 250-acre campus is located on Bainbridge Island. The Senior Philanthropy Officer implements the major gift program for both current and planned gifts.
- Works in collaboration with the VP of Philanthropy to design and implement the major gift program.
- Has high-level interactions with prospects and conducts personal visitations, prepares proposals to obtain funds.
- Manages a personal portfolio of 125+ donors and prospects; works to meet financial and activity goals.
- Maintains and enhances processes to identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors.
- Helps coordinate the Philanthropy Team's efforts to develop and propose strategies for soliciting Major Gifts; including assessing ongoing relationships with prospects and donors; recommending specific purposes and levels of gifts; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation; ensuring that solicitations are carried out either personally or by the best-suited person.
- Keeps current on our programs and initiatives and expands professional expertise in major and planned giving.
- Uses relationship-management systems for tracking and reporting on efforts and outcomes with major donors and planned gifts.
- Supports our strategic plan to expand our mission an impact, and commitment to mission, vision, values, and goals..
- Acts as a contributing member of the Philanthropy Team by taking part in team meetings, supporting colleagues, and offering flexible assistance in other areas as needed.
- Minimum three to five years of fundraising or related experience, with proven track record.
- Ability to articulate our mission and share with constituents a passion for nature and hands-on science education for young students.
- Effective fundraising strategic planning, project management, organizational skills, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to establish rapport in person, via phone, and through written communications.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively with high-profile, high net worth individuals.
- Demonstrated integrity and commitment to protect confidential information, and build trust with prospects and donors for longstanding, meaningful relationships with us.
- Experience in engaging with diverse communities.
- Capable of working independently, while also working as a member of the Philanthropy Team with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to assignments.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work periodic evenings and weekends to participate in special events and/or meetings with existing or prospective donors.
- Collaborative style; relationship oriented.
- Commitment to support our work towards social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Must be able to comply with and maintain a drug-free work environment.
- Must pass child safety screening procedure; post-offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.