*** $45k - $60k + great benefits ***
ABOUT THE JOB
The Social Media Editor will guide the social strategy for each of our social platforms. You’ll work closely with several managers, editors and departments across the company, so communication, flexibility, and collaboration will be key assets. Your role as Editor will work with the newsroom’s Digital Team on strategy, focusing on growth and engagement.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Working under the guidance of the Digital Director, set our social media strategy for each social platform.
- Monitors our social media accounts for performance on each platform to develop ways we can use new platforms, tools and tactics.
- Works with our Membership and Communications teams to develop and execute community engagement strategy.
- Assist with the planning and execution of special news coverage, packages and live events.
- In breaking news situations, send out push notifications ensuring that messaging is platform appropriate and complementary to what is being posted on the social platforms.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Demonstrated experience in operating and growing social media presence for a news brand.
- Solid, independent news judgment. Strong familiarity with the mission of public media.
- Understanding of journalistic ethics. Experience maintaining high journalistic standards under deadline pressure, including standards of objectivity, balance and fairness.
- Experience with intellectual property issues involved in publications generally and Web publications in particular.
- Experience working in a large news organization with remote reporters.
- Experience with creating social media visuals, including video and gifs.
- Experience reporting, writing and/or editing.
- Experience editing under daily breaking news conditions