We are looking for a Sr. Software Developer to design and architect the back end of our industry-leading secure streaming platform. As the lead developer for our Video Platform, you’ll create an infrastructure that is always up and running, write APIs to interface with other systems, and work with other teams to improve the end-user experience. We will own the services we write, which means following the best practices when it comes to writing code, writing tests, and ensuring the apps are properly instrumented.
• Participate in daily scrums with the development team
• Design, develop and maintain our video upload, transcoding and streaming infrastructures (from ingest to playback).
• Work with the team to build frameworks to simplify deployment and testing.
• Deliver innovative video solutions in collaboration with Video Encoding, Player and other Product Engineering teams
• Architect scalable, observable systems in collaboration with Cloud and CDN providers to deliver high quality user experience.
• Evaluate and propose new solutions to improve performance and cost
• 4+ years of development experience
• Experience working with NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, and AWS
• Experience with Git, JIRA, and Slack
• Experience with docker containers; knowledge of Kubernetes environments preferred
• Prior experience working with video streaming applications strongly preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills, openness to collaborate, and a strong proficiency for working remotely
• Experience designing and implementing scalable systems in the cloud.
• Experience working with video technologies (ffmpeg, HLS, Dash, etc.).
• US-only telecommuting position; Must be available during business hours in Pacific Standard Time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.