Job title: Systems Engineer
Job location: Camden, NJ 08103 – generous relocation package is available
Salary: Flexible + $40k sign on bonus
Benefits: Start day 1 of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k (matching starts after 1 year and is 6%, can contribute to 401k day one), unlimited PTO policy, great working culture/environment, team orientated, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off.
Education / Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics preferred
Required Experience: 6+ years of experience preferred – MUST have TS/SCI clearance
The Systems Engineer will make an immediate impact on the national security by applying principles and techniques of science and engineering to the development of actual C4ISR and C5ISR-T systems in support of DOD applications.
The candidate will be versed in RF Spectrum, COMINT, ELINT, Electronic Warfare, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and legacy and modern waveforms to include digital systems. The candidate will demonstrate familiarity with modern antenna technologies across the RF spectrum including direction finding or beam forming antennas, RFC and RFD as well as Electromagnetic theory and radio wave propagation from VLF to EHF. The candidate will also be knowledgeable of embedded systems and acquisitions systems used in software defined radios.
Duties will include the analysis of requirements to ensure systems being developed meets the functional and operational performance, system architecture trades and development, integration, and system-level test. Duties will also include system performance evaluation to include participation in laboratory and field testing.
Additional Responsibilities include:
Works under the direction of more Senior Systems Engineers or IPT leads to accomplish the following:
• Ability to collaborate across multiple functions in support of program objectives
• Preparing and reviewing project/system level cost and proposal inputs for the Systems efforts on assigned projects
• Acting as a Cost Account Manager for multiple control accounts, including monthly EVMS report input generation
• Coordinating requirements and design solutions with the customer representatives as required
• Performing analysis and specification of component and subsystem technical requirements and coordinates that effort with the other technical disciplines
• Defining the system architecture and design concepts, the preparation of tradeoff analysis and the development and conduct of program test plans and procedures
• Leading peer reviews of Systems Engineering work products and supporting peer reviews of other disciplines work products
• Executing the project system engineering effort within the allotted budget and schedule
• Creating or maintaining project / system systems documentation in order to support either project documentation deliverables or follow-on development efforts across the project
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics is preferred
• A technically oriented master’s degree is highly desirable
• Coursework in COMINT, ELINT, Electronic Warfare, Electronic Attack, IO, or Cyber Operations is highly desirable
• A minimum of 6 years of any combination of:
o DoD Systems Engineering experience
o Deep and broad RF Systems design/integration/test experience
o Broad digital signal processing algorithm design/integration/test experience
• Demonstrated history of successful contributions to System-of-Systems engineering programs is highly desirable
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
• Excellent time management skills
• Proactive and collaborative internal and external communications excellence is required in both written and verbal forms
• Working knowledge in the following domains: digital and analog radios, SDR, Open Architecture Standards such as CMOSS MORA or VITA, antenna design and multi-element antenna array systems, microwave systems, wireless data systems, data networking, SATCOM, virtual/containerized computing, signal-detection algorithms, embedded computing, and hardware design
• Working knowledge of integration and test equipment for both lab and field use including, but not limited to: multimeters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, protocol analyzers, JTAG probes, and oscilloscopes.
• Experience with DOORs, MATLAB, and MBSE Tools (e.g., Dassualt Systems’ MagicDraw) is highly desirable
• Working knowledge of software languages is highly desirable: C, C++, LabVIEW, Python and java are of principal interest
• A complete understanding of the systems engineering process from systems concept phase through systems test. Must be adept at: Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing)
• A proven track record of working through customer requirements to technical requirements to product solutions
• An understanding of Functional and Allocated baselines, in addition to Top-Level and Detailed Level Design approaches
• A working knowledge of standard system engineering processes including: MIL-STD-499, EIA-632, IEEE 1220 or ISO 15288
• Experience in model-driven design using SysML and UML is highly desirable
• Demonstrated history of success with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) projects is highly desirable
Certifications and Access
• An active or current Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS//SCI) security clearance is required.
• A clearance investigation date within 5.5 years is highly desirable
• A CompTIA Security+ credential is desirable
• A Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) is highly desirable
• U.S. Citizenship is required