Job location: Horsham, PA or Syracuse, NY or Saratoga Springs, NY
Work week: Monday to Friday (Preference is office full-time, once trained can move into a more hybrid role)
Compensation Range: $20.84 to $27.51 an hour depending on experience + annual bonus
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Fitness Reimbursement, PTO, 401k with match, College Savings Plan, Company Paid Life & AD&D, Short-Long Term Disability, FSA, Commuter Reimbursement
Education / Certifications: Associates Degree or better
Required Experience: 3+ years of professional editing experience.
Preferred Experience: Someone coming in from a consulting background versus a freelancer. Bachelor’s degree in a technical field. InDesign experience. SharePoint experience. Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Architectural/Engineering (“A/E”) industry experience. Proposal writing experience
Who Are We?
We are an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
Technical Editors play a critical role in the success of our project and marketing teams, directly reflecting our commitment to exceptional client service and high-quality products. Our editorial team thrives in a collaborative and deadline-driven environment, routinely working with subject matter experts on a variety of technical content, such as scientific reports, engineering specifications, marketing proposals, and client presentations. If you flourish in a team environment and enjoy working with language, we would love to hear from you.
What's your responsibilities?
Technical Editor I
- Provides project support, including all phases of project and marketing document production from planning, formatting, word processing, and editing through copying, distribution, records management, and project manager assistance
- Initially receives close supervision on tasks until a level of competency is demonstrated in workload management, including time management, attention to project details, tracking multiple tasks, and recognizing the potential for competing deadlines
- Receives QC review from more experienced TEs until able to demonstrate a working knowledge of company style and brand guidelines
- Understands the firm’s service areas and business development resources
- Possesses strong writing, editing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Participates in company meetings and committees, PD meetings and initiatives, and knowledge sharing
Technical Editor II
- Provides the roles and responsibilities listed for previous path levels
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize among multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Works independently and collaboratively in project teams with minimal oversight and capable of supporting larger and more complex projects
- Possesses an advanced understanding of company marketing resources and practices; experienced in leading support for larger marketing efforts, including delegating with other PD team members
- Able to delegate; understands and effectively utilizes team resources
- May provide mentoring to other team members through QC review, training, and technical knowledge transfer
- Exercises advanced understanding of company style and brand guidelines
- May be actively involved in company committee(s) or PD initiatives
What Are We Looking For?
- Associates Degree or higher education
- At least 3 years of professional editing experience (ideally in a technical field)
- Experience working with marketing or business development content
- Superior time management skills, detail-oriented, and adept at prioritizing among multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word; proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat (experience with InDesign and SharePoint is a plus)