Hours: 5 Days a week, 2nd shift 2pm – 10pm, some training will be on first shift, 6am-2pm.
Why Join Our Team?
We take pride in offering our employees rich benefits packages. We appreciate hard-working and passionate individuals which is why we offer...
- Perfect attendance bonus $150 quarterly
- $205 yearly boot allowance/credit
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid employee and dependent life insurance
- Company-paid disability
- 401k matching and pension
- .80 for every hour you work is contributed to your 401k by the company
- Holiday and vacation pay
- 3 sick days per year – prorated first year
- Paternity leave
- Rewards for work anniversaries
Primary Job Functions
This is not an exhaustive list and employees in these classifications frequently may be required to perform additional duties. Not all classifications will be required to perform all job functions.
- Welds components related to tank cars including tanks, bolsters, underframes, side sills, etc.
- Performs welded repairs by utilizing air arc cutting torch and stick or wire welding equipment.
- Uses hand tools and equipment to chip and grind weld, slag or spatter.
- Repairs, straightens, removes, reworks car parts, brakes, underframes, center plates, gears, couplers, valves, etc. using various hand and power tools.
- Performs welding and mechanical repairs to tank and hopper cars when required.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner and reports potential hazards.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must have some basic welding experience
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrate job related computational knowledge; for example, be able to read a ruler
- Moderate to heavy physical effort involved. Lifts and carries necessary equipment to car to perform operation. Climbs, walks, and balances on top of car while welding.
- Possibility of exposure to x-ray radiation hazards.
- Must follow prescribed safety rules to avoid possible injury.
- Uses hand tools and equipment to chip and grind off excess weld slag or spatter.